Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 17, 2006

This whole thing just makes me angry

I should have waited until morning to read this article about the proposed new unelected Mitchell airport authority:
More than three years before the public knew about it, business lobbyists were drafting a bill to create a regional airport authority that would take control of Mitchell International Airport away from Milwaukee County government.

And a key priority in those behind-the-scenes talks was ensuring that neither the County Board nor county voters would have a say in the handover.
It gets mostly worse from there, so I'll probably be grinding my teeth all night.

However, I want to send major props to my County Boardsman, Richard Nyklewicz, who is doing the people's business here and fighting to keep the airport in the hands of the public, where it belongs.

For more background, see this previous post.

No comments: