Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 03, 2006

The first step is admitting you have a problem

And folkbum's rambles and rants alumnus Tim Schilke takes that step:
Now that I finally recognize my addiction and the harm it has done to my country and to the world, I’ve decided to follow a 12-step program toward recovery. Traditionally, the first step is for me to admit that I am powerless over my addiction, and that my life has become unmanageable. I can admit that now. Although in my situation, unsustainable is a much better word. [. . .]

The second step of 12 requires me to believe that a power greater than myself can restore me to a state of sanity. Fortunately, my sanity was restored last week, when President Bush visited Milwaukee to remind me of my addiction.

What is he addicted to? And how can Bush help him? You'll have to read the rest to find out.

No comments: