Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 23, 2006

This is the sort of thing we tried to explain to you

All throughout 2004. We did, we really did. It's the sort of thing that makes me alternately want to bang my head on the table and hang it in shame. Barbara O'Brien gives us this juxtaposition:

Let me tell you about what I think my job description is. I think my job is to confront problems, not pass them on to future Presidents and future Congresses. (Applause.) I know that's what the American people expect of their leaders. -- George W. Bush, August 3, 2005

Q Will there come a day--and I'm not asking you when, not asking for a timetable--will there come a day when there will be no more American forces in Iraq?
THE PRESIDENT: That, of course, is an objective, and that will be decided by future Presidents and future governments of Iraq. -- press conference, March 21, 2006

It's just . . . depressing.

No comments: