Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 09, 2008

And When He Grows Up, He Wants To Be A Talk Radio Host

by capper


Maybe I am just an eternal optimist, or maybe it's just that I'm not as worldly as I would like to think, but sometimes even I can still get dumbfounded by some people. Maybe it's just that I've been so focused on local issues lately, that I haven't been paying enough attention to the national news.


Whatever the cause may be, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw some of the quotes that have been attributed to U.S. Representative Steve King (R-Iowa):

An Iowa Republican congressman said Friday that terrorists would be "dancing in the streets" if Democratic candidate Barack Obama were to win the presidency.

Rep. Steve King based his prediction on Obama's pledge to pull troops out of Iraq, his Kenyan heritage and his middle name, Hussein.

"The radical Islamists, the al-Qaida ... would be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on Sept. 11 because they would declare victory in this war on terror," King said in an interview with the Daily Reporter in Spencer.

*************************

"There probably are not 72 virgins in the hell he's at," King said about al-Zarqawi, in a recording transcribed by Radio Iowa. "And if there are, they probably all look like Helen Thomas."

*************************

I also say we need to do a few other things on top of that wall, and one of them being to put a little bit of wire on top here to provide a disincentive for people to climb over the top or put a ladder there. We could also electrify this wire with the kind of current that would not kill somebody, but it would simply be a discouragement for them to be fooling around with it. We do that with livestock all the time.
You can read the rest of his comments and the links to their sources here.

I can't help but wonder if it's a sign of my naivety, or that of Iowa voters, but I am bemused that this guy even got elected in the first place. Hopefully, he will lose his bid for re-election. The sad part is, he'd probably become a radio talk show host.

And remember, this is a guy that backs McCain, whether McCain likes it or not.

H/T to The Chief

No comments: