Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Well, I don't have cancer!

by folkbum

But yesterday afternoon the dermatologist froze a big chunk of my cheek off--to scare away a pre-cancerous area--and now I have a blister the size of Toledo.

Of course, if I'd known the solution involved freezing, I could have just waited until tonight and stood outside for a while.

.. updated to add: At this point, I should remind you that I got rid of that thing because I have health insurance to pay for preventive care. There are tens of millions of Americans who would have let the thing fester until their faces fell off because they couldn't afford the treatment out of pocket, or they wouldn't have seen a GP for a physical, and so on.

What makes me so much better than those tens of millions?

No comments: