Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Republican AG Candidate Breaks Seatbelt Law, with picture of BucherMobile

I do get email sometimes; in fact, sometimes the ones with pictures are the most interesting. This week's pictures--the ones that weren't spam, anyway--included this one of Wisconsin Attorney General candidate Paul Bucher. From my correspondent:
I just sent you a picture from my cell phone account of Paul Bucher riding on top of the trunk of his convertible after the Cedarburg parade on the 4th [of July]. The funny thing is - this was 30 minutes after the end of the parade and a mile north of the parade route. His car was PACKED with people - probably 8 in total. When I originally pulled behind them, they had Paul Bucher for AG signs on display. I think one of them saw me behind them with my camera, because they immediately pulled over and Paul jumped down into the seat.

Funny how a candidate for Attorney General doesn't seem to think the seat belt laws mean anything.
When I'm leaving school at the end of the day, I try to time my leaving such that I don't have to deal with the traffic ceated by 16 and 17-year-old bad drivers, and their passengers, who feel that driving off from the high school is a perfect time to do a little display for your friends, both in and out of the car. Often, they're hanging out windows or riding on hoods, blaring music.

My correspondent says nothing about music, but I do wonder if that may have been the only thing to distingush Bucher's joyride from your average teenager's. Of course, the teens aren't running around pretending to be big law-and-order types, either.

No comments: