Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Republican AG Candidate Breaks Seatbelt Law, with picture of BucherMobile

I do get email sometimes; in fact, sometimes the ones with pictures are the most interesting. This week's pictures--the ones that weren't spam, anyway--included this one of Wisconsin Attorney General candidate Paul Bucher. From my correspondent:
I just sent you a picture from my cell phone account of Paul Bucher riding on top of the trunk of his convertible after the Cedarburg parade on the 4th [of July]. The funny thing is - this was 30 minutes after the end of the parade and a mile north of the parade route. His car was PACKED with people - probably 8 in total. When I originally pulled behind them, they had Paul Bucher for AG signs on display. I think one of them saw me behind them with my camera, because they immediately pulled over and Paul jumped down into the seat.

Funny how a candidate for Attorney General doesn't seem to think the seat belt laws mean anything.
When I'm leaving school at the end of the day, I try to time my leaving such that I don't have to deal with the traffic ceated by 16 and 17-year-old bad drivers, and their passengers, who feel that driving off from the high school is a perfect time to do a little display for your friends, both in and out of the car. Often, they're hanging out windows or riding on hoods, blaring music.

My correspondent says nothing about music, but I do wonder if that may have been the only thing to distingush Bucher's joyride from your average teenager's. Of course, the teens aren't running around pretending to be big law-and-order types, either.

No comments: