Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Google Ads

by folkbum

The astute among you will have noticed that I've picked up Google's Adsense, so there are random links appearing to your right demanding your attention. For example, right now I see a link to United Press International about Iraq (easy to see how they connected that to this blog) and one about coffee (which is less easy to see, unless they're noting the times of these posts . . .).

I took the plunge after reading Feldstein (whose blog seems to be down right now for me) gush about how much money he's making at it. I've said over and over that I've never been in this for the money, but there are some things I'd like to do that will take money to do them (a real version of Cheddarsphere.com, for example). I've still never set up a PayPal button or even an Amazon wishlist, and I refuse to even consider making my blog look like a NASCAR racer the way some bloggers (*cough* Wiggy *cough*) have.

On the other hand, if you see something interesting, [CALL TO ACTION REDACTED TO MEET GOOGLE'S DRACONIAN POLICIES]. Don't feel that you need to refrain in order to keep from offending my ascetic sesnsibilities and seeming vow of poverty. And don't hesitate to buy a BlogAd either, while you're at it.

Related question: Any other Cheddarsphereans interested in forming a BlogAds network (or "hive," as they seem to be calling it)?

No comments: