Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Name That Tool

by capper

While cleaning out the garage up north, I came across many old tools of my grandfather's, that I have no idea what they are. I will ask you, the reader, to see if anyone can identify them, as I get their pictures up.

This is the first one, pictured closed:



And here it is opened:




When opened, the metal part can be put in any position and held by tightening the wing nut. The angled edge is flat, so it is not a cutting tool. Given my late grandfather's skill at woodworking, I would presume it has something to do with that, but that is just a guess. The entire length of the tool when closed is about six inches.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be?


PS: Yes, I found it very difficult to write this post, referring to tools and wing nuts, and not make some crack about Charlie Sykes or Patrick McIlheran.

No comments: