Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 14, 2005

My Music Monday

"March" © 2002 Jay Bullock

You came home like a lion
The way March comes in
You were screaming and crying
About some supposed sin
You said I took you for granted
And that I was not always there
You came home like a lion
You chewed me up like a bear
On the first day of March, it came undone
Like your blouse in old passion, or unthinking action
And you left me cold, like the winter’s heart
When it all came undone on the first day of March
About a week or so later
You were at my door
Your easel and all your paintings
Taking up my floor
You told me I should be grateful
That you were so kind to forgive
About a week or so later
We were at it again
And by the Ides you were gone, you’d just up and left
On St. Patrick’s day, I got a call from L. A.
You said that out west was the place for your art
As if that explained why you left in the middle of March
Was this an April Fools? A month-long gag?
Were you out for revenge, is that what you planned?
I do not think I that had treated you bad
And now I won’t go out like a lamb
The month is over like we are
Though I hear you’re back in town
An old friend of ours tells me
That he’s seen you around
I suppose I should be wary
Won’t throw caution to these winds
But the month is over like we are
And the new year’s about to begin
My new lover says not to speak your name
A finger to my lips, like a gentle kiss
And if I see you again, I will know your heart
And I will not speak your name from this last day of March


It seems seasonally appropriate. I'd let you listen, but I can't upload the mp3 to GarageBand right now; if anyone is willing to host it for a week or so, let me know in comments. Thanks!

No comments: