Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 14, 2005


Happy Pi(e) Day!

It's 3.14--Pi(e) Day. Last year, Pi(e) Day fell on a Sunday, so my wife and I had friends over for a celebration (Stacie--the bamboo is still thriving!). We baked pies and pie-like things and all marked 1:59 as it passed. Mmmmm. Pi.

As Pi(e) Day is a Monday this year, and neither me nor my wife has had the time/ energy/ health/ gumption to clean the house and bake, we're just celebrating at home among ourselves. But you guys can use this thread to share your pi--or pie--memories.

To get you started, here's a story from me: Once in college a classmate (a guy named Arlen Arden--real creepy case) emailed me pi to a million digits. This would have been 1994 or so, when the whole email thing was new and exciting. It crashed the school's servers. Crashed 'em dead.

No comments: