Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 09, 2009

It's Talent Contest Time, Again

by folkbum

Once again, your humble folkbum has been lucky enough to earn a spot in the finals of the Coffee House's Mid-Winter Talent Contest. Seven other lucky folk and I will be rockin' the casbah on 19th and Wisconsin on Saturday, February 21.

I've been in the finals before, and I'm feeling lucky this year. Which is not a reflection on the rest of the field--I had a chance to see all the auditions this year, and the night will be jam-packed with talented acoustic performers. And me.

The skinny:
Mid-Winter Talent Contest Finals
The Coffee House
631 N. 19th Street (19th and Wisconsin), in Milwaukee
Saturday, February 21
8 PM showtime, doors open at 7:30 PM
$3.50 suggested donation (less than 50 cents per performer!)

Part of the score for the finalists comes from audience response--I need you there to cheer me on and, if necessary, throw underpants. See you there!

No comments: