Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 09, 2005

My Music Monday: I Am

I also played this song at the show the other night. It stems from an assignment given to me to address my greatest weakness, which is brevity. Or, rather, lack thereof. So I was told I had to write a song in 100 words or less. And, if you count the refrain in this song only once, then I made it. Barely.
I Am
© 2004 Jay Bullock

I am the August sun burning through the trees
I am October’s rain, January’s freeze
I am the April mist that leaves behind the dew
I am everywhere, watching over you

I am “The Wasteland,” I am “Let it Be”
I am Mona Lisa, Psalm 23
I am the Wall of China, the Eiffel Tower too
I am everywhere, watching over you
Black and white, wrong and right
Earth, water, fire, air
Man and wife, death and life
I am everywhere
I am the mountain, the valley deep and wide
I am the forest, the rocky riverside
I am the farthest stars and the brightest moon
I am everywhere, watching over you

No comments: