Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Miscellany

Over at OSP, the battle over the Dean campaign's legacy has been joined. Your move, Redeye. NTodd goes old-school (and I do mean old-school) on gay marriage. Stacie (ex-Cadidate's Wife) only goes back to 2000. John Dingell writes a letter that you must read, but not while drinking milk.

I was uncertain whom to endorse in the Wisconsin fifth congressional district race. For a while I flirted with Gary Kohlenberg, but I got an email from Bryan Kennedy today that puts me closer to his camp. I like his spine:
Bryan Kennedy, Democratic candidate for Congress in the 5th district, alleged today that Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner’s vote on the Iraq war was motivated exclusively on Mr. Sensenbrenner’s vast stock portfolio. Mr. Sensenbrenner holds stock in Halliburton, BP Amoco, Exxon Mobil, as well as other companies that are getting rich “rebuilding” Iraq.

“Sensenbrenner was voting with his wallet,” Kennedy said. “He was ensuring that his stock holdings would perform well and that he would have a nice nest egg for retirement. We need to get people like Sensenbrenner out of Congress and replace them with people who come from working families. We need to ensure that our future foreign policy is not determined by corporate America, but by everyday Americans,” he said further. [. . .] “When I am elected, my votes on foreign policy will be determined using common sense and not vast stock holdings. I want a safe and secure America and my votes will reflect those values, not the out-of-touch values of corporate greed.”
I'll give the Kohlenberg folks a chance to sway me, but by the end of the week I'm likely to make it official. We just need to work on that slogan. I mean, "Bryan thinks like we do"?!? I still say: "F. Jim Sensenbrenner before he F.'s you."

No comments: