Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 08, 2003


3.4 Million plus One

I don't watch MSNBC. I don't listen to Mike Savage's radio program. But when I read that Mike Savage says this to a caller on his show:
"Oh, you're one of the sodomites," Mr. Savage said. "You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today. Go eat a sausage and choke on it."
I am glad MSNBC fired him and he's joining the 3.4 million other people to lose their jobs in this economy. (Note to MSNBC execs who might be reading this: Your humble Folkbum is free most evenings and would be happy to host a show. Email me.)

Billmon over at The Whiskey Bar has a chart up showing, graphically, job loss and creation from all the presidents since FDR. the Whopper is the only one in the overall jobs lost column. And there won't be anywhere near enough jobs created by 2005--assuming we turn the economy around right now--to make up for the millions lost since 2001.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this next election will be won on the economy. Republicans are categorically not better stewards of our economy. Billmon's analysis shows that, of the twelve presidents back to FDR, the six with the highest job growth were all Democrats. Period.

The press basically ignored what should have been a major story a few months back about Republican-led states spending far more than Democrat-led states.

We must make this our top priority. You, personally, must make these points with your family and friends. This is our best shot. We can do better.

No comments: