Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Not a Prophet

by folkbum

Milwaukee talker James T. Harris, in his most recent blog posting, claims to be a prophet. The reason? He "predicted" some months ago that Hillary Clinton would not win the Democratic nomination for president. He celebrates: "I'm a Prophet! Hillary just dropped out of the race. Wow.... [. . .] I should listen to myself more often!"

Of course, it's easy enough to be a prophet on a yes-or-no question when you, at different times, predict both yes and no. For example, just a few days ago, Harris was adamant:
May I Have Your Attention Please?

Ahem. She didn't quit yet. She will never quit. You know that right? Never. Hillary Clinton is the political version of Fatal Attraction.

Look at her eyes.

She will never let you go. Barack, you know that right?
What a prophet! James, tell me something: Who's going to win the election in November? I'll give you two guesses.

No comments: