Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 17, 2008

Similarities And Differences

by capper

Boy, oh boy, I sure have made my share of blunders lately. But as I sat back and thought of my mistakes, and the lessons to be learned from them, something else struck me. I have some similarities to Scott Walker. I also realized that there were three major areas where we differed.

Walker and I have both made mistakes and gaffes. Those are the similarities.

The first difference is that my mistakes didn't allow criminals loose in the streets, deprived some of the freedom of travel, allowed mentally ill people to die in squalor, or prevented people from seeking justice in the courts system.

The second difference is that I've learned from my mistakes. I've learned to check my information, and to make sure that I have it noted correctly. I will be trying to avoid making the same mistakes, year after year after year, like Walker has done.

But the biggest and most striking difference between Walker and I--I've admitted to my mistakes, and didn't try to foist the blame on anyone else. Nor have I've tried to take the credit for another person's or persons' work.

No comments: