Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Big Brother And Blogging

by capper

There is a politician that would like to see me arrested, and no, I'm not referring to Walker, although I'm sure he wouldn't be sad to see me go away.

I am referring to Kentucky Representative Tim Couch who wants to outlaw anonymous blogging. He would require site owners and operators to ensure that anyone posting a comment files their full real name, street address, and email address. Anytime someone would post a comment, their real name is attached to the comment.

And if the blogowner refused? The consequences are not slight:
If the bill becomes law, the website operator would have to pay if someone was allowed to post anonymously on their site. The fine would be five-hundred dollars for a first offense and one-thousand dollars for each offense after that.

Even Couch admits that enforcing this would be challenging. I would say so. After all, even our founding fathers and local talk radio show hosts could be considered criminals under this law.

H/T to The Chief

No comments: