• Needs more salt: recipes for making good teachers.
• I'm not impressed with these standards so far. And Wisconsin's DPI might chuck its teachers' work to implement these instead!
• You can offer your feedback on those standards here.
• From the outside, Erin Richards makes getting on this list from DPI sound like a hopeful and exciting new opportunity. This belies the panic-on-a-sinking-ship hysteria I've been watching from, you know, inside.
• Also, the four mandated (by No Child Left Behind) options of sanctions for schools on that list are all different flavors of fail themselves, according to the research (.pdf).