Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 12, 2005

For your reading pleasure

I didn't get up to the Democratic Convention this year. If they could hold some other time than the weekend before exams, it would be a lot easier for me to take some time off and go. But I can't.

However, other people did go, and blogged about it. Stacie, for example, who has a number of good posts. So does Bill Christofferson, who offers a post-mortem among his other posts. Don't miss Badger Blues Ben's write-up, either. My friend and occasional Democrat Ben Masel went, and had some issues.

Don't forget the WisOpinion/ WisPolitics DPW Convention blog, for broader coverage of the event.

One depressing bit of news was Attorney General Peg Lautenschlager's loss in the straw poll to Dane County executive Kathleen Falk. I like Peg, and I think she has been both extraordinarily fair and non-partisan in her work as AG so far. I would hate to lose her, especially if it that loss comes in a nasty primary fight. It's true that Peg hasn't raised a lot of money, but, you know, sometimes you like that in a politician--she's too busy doing her job and fighting cancer to attend a fundraiser every week.

Also on the Wisconsin front, I finally added a post over at SensenbrennerWatch, about F. Jim's temper tantrum this week.

No comments: