Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Bottom of the Barrel

Here's something for you all to chew on while I'm working on getting over the outrage fatigue: another in the occasional series, "Bottom of the Barrel."

Funny Today, number 12966, is the actual bottom of the barrel over to the Ecosystem right now. But with only two posts up (one a request for other posters, one about the Tron guy that Matt Stoller is in love with), I feel I ought to move up to something with more substance.

Number 12965 was British, and I just didn't have the patience for sorting out the intracacies of problems in the English government, too. Sitting at number 12964 is The World According to Wayne. I had some hope since I enjoy John Irving. Sadly, it's a typo-ridden blog about the banal--car troubles, moving, and so on.

One up from there, at 12963, is Top of My Head. The first post was promising--an "ER"-style story of a late night as a nurse. But, scrolling down, I found some cheap shots--not even legitimate policy disagreements--with Kerry. Seems pretty reactionary.

Anyway, hoping not to go 0-5, I tried number 12962, urti blog. Again, right-wing pap, but more interesting. For example, the very topmost post links to this Weekly Standard piece about "intellectual elites and wannabes," with this insightful commentary from urti: "Wonderful commentary on how liberals value intelligence above all else, even moral character. Does intelligence give us any hope of a moral culture?" He then snarks about Linda Ronstadt, sounds hopeful about the House of Representatives violating the separation of powers, and more. But, as luck would have it, that's all there is, since he's as new to this blogging thing as the Funny Today guy.

So what's a barrel troller to do? I think I'll just go back to hiding under the covers.

No comments: