Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 22, 2003





I'm Ba-ack

Well, I'm typing this from my own office in the new house. That's right--my very own office! No more sitting at the dining room doing my work and my blogging (although, ironically, my work surface here in my office is an old dining room table).

There's still a whole mess of unpacking to do, and some cleaning back at the apartment before we check out (we need that security deposit!). But otherwise the move is done.

I guess now that I'm part of the landed gentry, those in charge have to start listening to me, right? What does it take to be a part of the "gentry," anyway?

Here's a preview of next week's posts:

Later tonight, part two (a week late) of my wrap-up of the state Democratic convention, where I discuss Friday night and Saturday morning festivities for Dean.

Monday, there will be a condensed version of my "Why I Support Howard Dean" post as a part of Blog for Dean day. I hope other Milwaukeeans will add their thoughts in the "comments" section. If you're not from Milwaukee but want to contribute, I don't mind, but don't hog the comments, please.

Tuesday, thoughts on Dean Declaration day, and some response to the weekend's events (Paul Dean's citation, "Meet the Press," and the declaration itself).

Wednesday, Mrs. Folkbum and I are going to Ikea in Chicago, so no posting.

Thursday's up in the air, but it needs to be funny. I haven't done enough funny lately.

Friday I'm going to do a big music post--something I've not really done yet, even though I intended for this blog to cover more than just politics. But I'm part of a songwriters' group that meets once a month, and that Saturday is our day. I've got a song started that I need to finish by then, and I though it might be interesting somewhat to document the process for you here.

Any requests? Leave them in the comments. Right now, I get to go mow my own lawn!

No comments: