Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Meeting Readers (and: Go see a play)

by folkbum

The readership of this blog is not terribly large, and I generally get the sense that the bulk of those readers are from four categories: 1) other local bloggers; 2) local and state political folk keeping track of the hoi polloi; 3) people googling the new CFO of the Argo Group (apparently one of the lucky escapees from Bear Stearns shares my name); and 4) Dan.

However, I was at a function yesterday afternoon wearing my (metaphorical) Bay View Compass hat and sat down at a random table. The woman I sat next to read my name tag and said, out of the blue, "You're my favorite blogger!"

That, like, never happens, that I meet real people who are readers and fans. So, Laura, thanks. To show my appreciation, I am going to demand now that the rest of you, my readers, go see Laura's play:

William Shakespeare's Twelfth Night
Presented by Bay View High School
2751 S. Lenox Street, Milwaukee
Thursday, May 29, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 30, 7:00 PM
Saturday, May 31, 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM.

Also, confidential to Laura, the question which we discussed: The answer is indeed yes. Email me and we will talk.

No comments: