Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Car Stuff

by folkbum

So I've been back in my Scion now for a little over two weeks. Props to Lou's Auto Body/ Carstar for the solid and timely repair work. There was even a minor leftover issue that Dave Cook and his team took care of quickly and without additional hassle or cost.

But after driving the Prius for a little more than two weeks, I got pretty good at optimizing the gas mileage, getting close to the Toyota-claimed 48 mpg much of the time.

So when I got back into the Scion, I tried to drive the way I was driving in the Prius. And for the first full tank after I picked it up--driving my normal drive, just trying to pay more attention to how I was driving--I drove 346 miles on just over 10 gallons of gas. Before the accident, I was getting 30 or 31 mpg; just driving more carefully, I was able to get almost 35 mpg.

Food for thought! Anyway, here are a few high-mpg driving tips for you.

No comments: