Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Wikipedia as Weapon

There's a story in Monday's paper about how the rivalry between Milwaukee's Lake Express car ferry and Manitowoc's Badger car ferry has spilled over onto Wikipedia.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone anymore that the Wikipedia can be used this way; if you've been reading the blogs long enough, you've probably heard one charge or another that someone somewhere is using the anyone-can-write-it privilege for less than noble reasons.

So for kicks I headed on over to see what my enemies had to say about me, but, sadly, I don't have a Wikipedia entry. In fact, I tried a number of the bigger bloggers here in the Cheddarsphere and found that only one of us had an entry: Paul Soglin, which is mostly about his career, not his blogging.

I'm going to err on the side of saying that my lack of a Wikipedia entry is a good thing. The rest of you, I suppose, can choose to be sad if you'd like. And, you know, you can start your own page if you want.

No comments: