Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 22, 2004


Site update, etc.

So, I bit the bullet and removed most of the Dean links from the right column. I did this not because I don't support Dean (I do), but because he's just not running any more. As the new organization takes shape, I will update it again to reflect the changes. Blog for America is still there in the "Daily Reads" section of my links.

Everyone seems to like my "Wednesday and Everything After" post; I've waited until today to post again so that it can stay at the top of last week's archive page. (They're apparently not selling Blogger Pro and Blog*Spot Plus anymore so I can do real permalinks.) Kevin Hayden asked me to post it as a "drive-by" at The American Street, and I received not one, not two, but 42 "4" ratings when I posted it in my Daily Kos Diary.

Speaking of diaries, I want to point you all to From the Roots, the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee's blog, which, like dKos, is a Scoop-based site, meaning schmucks like you and me can post to the same blog as Hillary Clinton and Ted Kennedy.

Yes, in case you didn't notice, I've split my links into sections. If you think you deserve to be in a different section than I've put you in, make your case in the comments. If I've missed your site in my updates, also let me know. I'm not trying to exclude anyone, and don't feel bad about blogwhoring--I do it all the time!

I've added an education section, including links to Teachers Speak Out, where I post regularly, and some others. If you think I should be adding links there, let me know.

Finally, I'm working on my updated endorsements. I will not endorse anyone for president until we have a nominee. There are things to like and dislike about both Edwards and Kerry, but believe me I will be working my tail off for whichever one gets the nod. And these rumors about an Edwards-Dean alliance do nothing to make me want to work for Edwards now, since its too speculative and those grapes are still too sour.

I'm not endorsing anyone right now in the Mayor's race. My union has endorsed Tom Barrett, though I've had many good conversations with Marvin Pratt (who was also a Dean supporter). I may decide to throw my weight (though I am starting the diet again this week!) behind one or the other, but for now I'm neutral. And I would have thought David Reimer had a website for his run, but it didn't come up through Google and I've been throwing away all of his emails since I did not support him in the primary. And if someone catches Tim Carpenter's site before I do, let me know.

No comments: