Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 13, 2004


I picked right
(and not in the Ralph Wiggum sense)

Via T. Rex, I took the "Vote by Issue" quiz that WBUR has set up. You read actual quotes from the candidates on 14 issues, and select the one you most agree with. It's probably the best candidate-selection quiz thingie I've seen so far.

Anyway, unsurprisingly, I align strongly with Howard Dean, and not because I recognized the lines from his stump, either, since these seem mostly culled from printed material or interviews. Here's my full list, though:

Howard Dean
• Health Care
• Trade Policy
• Employment
• Economy
• Education
• Terrorism
Wesley Clark
• Poverty and Homelessness
• Social Security
• Role of U.S. Military
Al Sharpton
• Gun Control
• Family and Marriage
• Security & Civil Liberties
John Edwards
• Iraq -- Rebuilding
Dennis Kucinich
• Energy and Environment
To be really fair, I should go back and choose new responses for the ones that I chose of Clark's. But that would take, you know, more work.

I find it really surprising that I align not at all with John Kerry. I swear I have not altered these results one bit--this is exactly how they came to me--so I'm not cutting out the Kerry. I guess just none of his rhetoric appeals to me, or at least none that WBUR pulled out for this quiz.

If my two or three regular readers want to chip in with their own results, that'd be cool . . .

No comments: