Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Radio-Related Program Activities

So I got a call earlier today from Anna Panoka at WUWM, the Milwaukee NPR affiliate (yes, I'm a member, and I have the World Cafe CDs to prove it). She apparently had my number from last summer when I really was the only press contact in Milwaukee, and she asked about Howard Dean's recent statements that if he doesn't win Wisconsin, it's over. We talked for a good five or eight minutes, and I went through a lot of what I'd said in my speech (read the post below), and some other things. She asked good questions, mostly trying to get me to say something like "Oh my jeebus the pressure will kill us!"

I figured it would be one small part of a locally-aired piece. Turns out her report--with the one quote she could have taken where I expressed minor doubt (the "Waterloo" line)--is airing in the national top-of-the-hour news this afternoon. And I'm the only person quoted on tape: I didn't realize I would be her only Wisconsin source! (The link is to the most recent news, which may or may not have me in it.)

UPDATE: I just heard the 4:00 EST news, without me in it, but there was the local piece about Dean--with a different quote of mine on the air.

No comments: