Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Morning

by folkbum

Every summer I misunderestimate how much work the summer job is--that's right, kiddos, this public-school-teacher thing, despite the ads, does not actually feature summers on the yacht with champale and caviar--and because of that, I haven't been much use to you, dear readers.

But two notes: One, I accept full blame for the US Women's National Team's loss yesterday. I was able to watch exactly one World Cup match this summer, and it was that one, so obviously, I jinxed it.

Two, remember this week as the GOP wrings its hands in despair that Congress raised the debt ceiling for St. Ronald de Tampico seventeen times in the 1980s. Seventeen.

No comments: