Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blogs to Read

by folkbum

Michael Caughill's bewheeled alter-ego, Elliot Stearns, is having some sort of contest. I am not entirely clear on the rules, but it seems to me like his goal is to get a whole lot of people to link to him. I think he may have gotten that email that says Bill Gates will give him a free laptop (funny, because he uses Macs, and I commend him for that) if 200 people link back to him or something.

I don't know. It's probably on Snopes. It sounds like he's going to trade that laptop in for magic back-scratchers to hand out to all of his fans, though. I don't know if they will be as cool as this one, but a boy can dream, can't he?

But I will take this opportunity, though, to point out a few new local liberal blogs that have come to my attention. They're not all new, but they're at least new to me.
Leonel, "ramblings of a queer mexican trekkie"
Brew Cityzen, "He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom…the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell"
The Reasonable Progressive, "This is nothing but dead white male bashing from a PC thug. It's women like you that keep the rest of us from landing a husband. - Miss Hoover, The Simpsons"
Bradley D. Schmock, "Compassionate Badger"
Wisconsin Truth Watch
•  Looking in Your Garbage, by "mrbossman"
Lane Ellen, "Exponential"
The Blue Revolution

And one that's less local, the Democratic Governors Association has a blog now, too. One of these days when I get some time to readjust the sidebar, I will add them to the blogroll, too. In the meantime, click through and enjoy.

No comments: