Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Who Says You Can't Fight City Hall?

by capper

A good friend to folkbum's, Tim Rock of Other Side, had a minor incident yesterday when his daughter was hurt. Fortunately, it sounds like she will be OK, but it could have been much, much worse.

The issue is apparently about the city not making necessary adjustments to what has become an increasingly busy street. This street has many children that play in the neighborhood, and all of the speeding vehicles put them in harms way. This has prompted Tim to write to the city officials to demand action. Here is a part of his missive:

Well, yesterday, as I suspected would happen, an accident did occur. I was walking our infant daughter and our dog down the hill. My seven-year old was ahead on her bike (there were numerous other children on the road, but none were involved in the accident that occurred). A van came speeding by me in excess of the speed limit. Another car was coming in the opposite direction ... again, above the posted limit (did they not see these kids?). I yelled ahead to my daughter. She became frightened and lost control of her bike. She fell into one of the drainage ditches ... I guess fortunately. The van didn't swerve much ... it couldn't because both autos tried to squeeze hrough. The van slowed a bit and then continued on.

I ran ahead with my young daughter and dog to find my other child screaming. Upon investigastion I was taken aback to see a huge, ugly lump just above her right eye. I gathered her up, called her mother and after passing my daughter to my wife, took Abby to Children's Hospital where it was determined she had not suffered any brain damage or other debilitating damage. Fortunately.

My daughter just missed hitting her head on one of the drainage pipes. I shudder to think of the damage that would have caused her. Last night as I held her, tears came to my eyes ... but there was rage, too.


Tim did get a response, but an unsatisfactory one.

If any of the readers live in Brookfield, please contact your city officials and help get this situation corrected, before someone else gets hurt, or worse.

No comments: