Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 28, 2008

Hell Is For Children

by capper

When I worked in the foster care system, Pat Benatar's song was my unofficial anthem. It helped me remember why I put myself through the pain and the stress that went with the job. I had suppressed that memory until recent events brought it back to the forefront.

Today's news regarding the horror in Texas shows that more than 30 of the teenage girls that were removed from the FLDS complex are either pregnant or were pregnant during their childhood. To make things even worse, the officials are having a very hard time straightening out who is who, and how each person is related to each other.

I have only had a few instances during my professional career in which I have personally seen situations like that, with the teenage girls being pregnant and sexually abused, and relationships and boundaries being blurred, if not outright eradicated, but no where to the same number of people involved. I am reluctant to even write my suspicions, as that they are that horrible, but I hope with all my heart that is not the case here, for the children's sake.

And in another case of child maltreatment, word comes from Marathon County that the parents of Madeline Kara Neumann have each been charged with a count of second degree reckless homicide.

This is as it should be. Even though the parents have the right to worship as they choose, and they have the right to raise their children as they see fit, this is outweighed by the child's right to life. This appears to be a feeling shared equally among the left and the right. (Ironically, the right loses this feeling when it comes to having to pay for the medical attention.)

As sad and as revolting as these two stories are, equally sad is the fact that the usual suspects will overlook the horror and try to spin it as some sort of persecution of the faithful.

No comments: