Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 16, 2006

McIlheran Watch: But I repeat myself

Not content with just one badly-written op-ed about Milwaukee's school choice in a month (see M-Watch 1/4/06), McIlheran writes another. This time he puts his words in the mouths of voucher students who, oddly enough, read the first column.

Oh, they lament, why does Big Bad Jim Doyle want to kick me out of my good school? Why does he want me to fail?

Yawn, yawn. I've covered this before--today, even!--so I won't bother. But, you know what, give me a day off and a notepad, and I could find Milwaukee Public Schools students who want to know why the Republicans in the state legislature wanted to cut funding for their schools in the last state budget, or why those same Republicans have rejected out of hand Doyle's offer to lift the voucher cap if it means ensuring smaller class sizes and better-qualified teachers in their public classrooms.

Heck, I don't even need the day off. I could just talk to my own classes tomorrow. In fact, Pat, why don't you swing by in time for my third block--they're the rambunctious group--and you can ask them yourself?

No comments: