Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Exam Week

I have to slow down the blog a little bit twixt now and the weekend, with exams and gearing up for new classes next week. But I have something in the pipeline for later today, and another meeting with 8th CD congressional candidate Steve Kagen this afternoon to keep me extra busy.

But here's an existential question: Am I making a difference? I've blown who knows how many hours and how many thousands of words on vouchers and the politics of it and the mechanics of it in the last ten days, and I can't tell if it's been worth anything. I can't even get a dismissive sneer from Sykes for accusing him of hypocritically playing the race card.

I will tell you that I am slightly afraid George Mitchell knew who I was on WPR the other day: I'm the only caller he addressed by name . . .

UPDATE: Apparently I am making a difference, as someone nominated me for a Koufax award. Last year I cheated and nominated myself, but this year I didn't get around to it. Thanks, whoever it was.

And I should add that the fine folks at Wampum are still looking for financial support to run the left blogosphere's biggest awards show, so if you have a little extra coin, drop some in the "make a donation" basket over there.

No comments: