Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Paul Hackett, OH-2

The OH-2 CD is my parents' district, and the district I grew up in. To see a Democrat lose in that district by less than four points is amazing; I didn't know there were that many Democrats in the district at all.

What's more, when last I spoke to my parents--this was Saturday, I think--they were leaning towards voting for the Democrat, Paul Hackett. That would be a major, major victory. I know that my dad has been disappointed in his Republicans lately (as you all should be!), but I have a hard time accepting that he would even consider voting Dem. And if he really pulled the trigger to vote for Hackett, well, wow. (He did vote for Perot in 1992; I voted for Clinton and my mom voted for Bush, so we all cancelled each other out. 1992 was my first election, and my only one in Ohio--I've been voting in Wisconsin since 1994.)

No comments: