Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 05, 2009

Sometimes doing a Sista Souljah moment* is unavoidable

by folkbum

As it is in the case of Assembly Democrats' fundraising in the middle of doing the state budget.

When I first started blogging, I had this recurring fantasy that I would be recognized for my political acumen and invited to offer strategy to the Democrats my blog had single-handedly elected to run the state. Among the first pieces of advice the fantasy me offered in the fantasy strategy session was Don't screw this up by acting like politicians. People hate politicians, and when you look like a pol you lose the game. FAIL. Don't come crying to me when you get beat next year.

Fantasy me is now shaking my head at real them.

In real life, I have been a consistent advocate for campaign finance reform, against the stance of my union and bone-headed conservative bloggers and commentators. And, dangit, this is exactly why the whole system needs upending.

* For my younger readers.

No comments: