Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 11, 2008

Remind McCain: He's in Wisconsin Today, so Packers Again

by folkbum
Yesterday John McCain did an interview with a Pittsburgh radio station and told a story about his time as a P.O.W. in Vietnam:
When I was first interrogated and really had to give some information because of the physical pressures that were on me, I named the starting lineup -- defensive line -- of the Pittsburgh Steelers as my squadron-mates.
Wow! The people of Pennsylvania and Steelers fans everywhere will eat that story up. Unless of course they’ve read John McCain’s book, Faith of My Fathers, and wonder how he could forget writing:
Pressed for more useful information, I gave the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line, and said they were members of my squadron.
But hey, let’s cut McCain some slack here...it’s easy to forget details after 40 years.

No comments: