Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Happy Etc.

Two years ago today, I started this blog. For the first, oh, 1 7/8 years, it wasn't very good. For the last 1/16 of a year, it hasn't been very good, either. There was a small slice in there where I think I was all that, back when I was writing about David Horowitz. We're off soon for a celebratory meal and viewing of that one movie everyone's been talking about. Something about stars, I think, so it must be about Carl Sagan.

One year ago, I feted myself and I was named Political Site of the Day by the nice folks at About Politics (an honor recently bestowed upon fellow Milwaukeean Stacie!). Clearly they overestimated my importance.

I have met, at least on-line if not in real life (we have to get the gang together sometime!) lots of great Milwuakee bloggers, and lots of great folk from around the country. My faith in the country comes back a little bit every time I trip through blogtopia (y!sctp!). Thanks, all.

Sometime in November, Blogger stopped keeping statistics (they've been promising to bring the feature back, but, what do you want for a free service? Anyway, they have me down for about 125,000 words. I would guess that I've added several-score thousand more. And given what I've written at my other blogging homes, I can guesstimate over 200,000 total. Anyway, as you can see from my traffic graph there, I have fully recovered from my post-election hiatus, and I'm now at my highest traffic levels ever. Again, I have to question people's judgment. Oh, but not yours. You are smart, and are obviously here by mistake.

Anyway, after all of this, I would just like to thank you for your patronage and so forth. As a reward for you, I am giving you all what you have been clamoring for all along: A non-blurry picture of me:

No comments: