Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Right Hand? Meet Left Hand.

Well, last I looked, the terror alert status button on the right there still was at Bert. But it seems like it could go up to Ernie any minute now. And forget about ever seeing the Oscar the Grouch or even Cookie Monster again. (Elmo, of course, is red--when we get really scared, we start talking about ourselves in the third person.)

I almost drove off the road this morning when I heard two near-consectutive reports on NPR. First, the gubmint says that in the next couple of months, Al Qaeda is likely to try hijacking planes again.

At the same time, the Transportation Security Administration is announcing that they're laying off air marshals on many domestic and international flights.

Sigh. If I had more time, I would remind you of all the other actions this administration has taken directly endangering our interests and citizens. I don't have the stomach for it now, either.

No comments: