Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

One of these things is not like the other

Am I the only Democratic blogger in Wisconsin who likes Peg Lautenschlager? Am I the outlier in the Cheddarsphere? Here's the round up:
Now, I realize that this is not at all the whole spectrum of Wisconsin left bloggers, but it's all of us (that I can find) who are writing about the potential Peg-Falk primary and, with the exception of this very post in your hot little hands right now, everyone is encouraging the primary fight.

I know that Peg has some baggage and isn't a great fundraiser or campaigner, but I think she's been a good Attorney General. I think Falk would be too, of course. Mostly, I just don't like this kind of primary fight, and I don't like to encourage the notion that there is a serious split (even if there is one) within the party. As we see on the national level (with, for example, Democrats in the Senate yesterday), we succeed when we stand united, but we don't do so well when we refuse to. Besides, if I had my druthers, I'd toss Doyle, not Peg.

It'd be one thing if Peg were not qualified to be AG, or had made a mess of things. She hasn't, and I think it's important, then, to stand by her despite poor poll numbers, and despite what everyone else thinks. But it looks like this cheese is standing alone in that conviction.

No comments: