Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I'll get over it

I'm deciding to be okay about, once again, being passed over as the vice-presidential nominee. I mean, I should be used to it by now, given that every four years since Carter asked Fritz Mondale to pop out of the cake at the 1976 convention, I have been ignored.

One of these days, it'll happen, though. I just know it will. But still, it did kind of put a pall over my celebrations of Bush Nativity Day, despite the good soup for dinner.

On the upside, I am once again getting a fair number of hits for searches on Elizabeth Edwards and variations on the word fat.

As to the roof (because I know you all care so much), the company that did the original repairs sent out a guy to do more for free. The new one who came out first thing this morning, though, wanted $2800. I don't have $2800. I may not even have $28. So we'll see how the new "repair" holds up during the rain tonight. As it is, the buckets are in place ready to go.

No comments: