Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Music stuff, and a question

So, the two or four of you who have been following this blog since time immemorial (or, more accurately, last May--I'm coming up on my one-year anniversary!) may remember that for a while I wanted to devote more of this space to talking about my music than I have. In fact, posts about my music to date: 0.

Sure, here and there I've pitched a gig or two (check here for the next one) or talked about music a little, but very little about writing, performing, or anything of the like.

So I'm making a solemn pledge to work on doing that more, since this summer, when I'm not busy trying to elect congressmen, I will try to do more writing than I have, and I'll try to talk some about the process. I promise.

This is inspired by three things. First, the show linked to above is a group effort with the other members of the songwriters' workshop that I belong to. They've been together more than three years now (maybe four), and I've been hanging with them since January 2003. I think my writing has improved considerably since then, mostly in terms of melody and rhythm. I am not and will likely never be a great singer, but working with them has given me the guts to try to be more adventurous with my singing and, consequently, with my melodies.

Second, after mp3.com closed last December, I wasn't sure what to do about an on-line music host. As it turns out, GarageBand.com offered all the premium mp3.com users a home, and I took them up on it. I added the link a few days back there on the right, but here's another one. Remember: I warned you that I am not a great singer!

Third, Mustang Bobby (of Bark Bark Woof Woof), an accomplished playwright, has been doing a "Writing on Writing" series. The first one is here, but he has new ones about once a week. I figure, heck, if he can fill space on his blog about his writing, then so can I.

Now, the question, and I really need your input here: Should I join BlogAds, and take advertising from Good Liberal Causes, or keep this blog ad-free? I mean, I'm not going to make a ton of money here, but I could take ads if I wanted. Please comment in the, er, comments below.

No comments: