Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

And in this corner . . .

I do not watch "Iron Chef" (I'm more of an Alton Brown kind of guy), but I am aware of the concept. It's kind of like the demolition derby--or maybe ultimate fighting--of cooking shows. That's a bit tricky for me because I grew up (culinary TV-wise) on Jeff Smith and Caprial and Julia Child, and I didn't even go to demolition derbies as a boy.

Anyway, now I find myself part of something similar: Iron Blog. The Chairman invited me, and, after much a little persuasion, I have agreed to be Iron Blogger Democrat.

Basically, what that means is that I will be "challenged" once a month or so by anyone who wants a piece of me. The Chairman picks a topic and the challenger and I go at it. There are judges--very wise and quite attractive judges, I may add--who will, after a week of back-and-forthing between me and the challenger, declare a winner.

And you, lucky suckers that you are, get to watch.

There are three other Iron Bloggers: Iron Blogger Green is Robin from Left-OverAnger; Iron Blogger Republican is John Cole of Balloon Juice Rosemary Esmay, the Queen of All Evil; and iron Blogger Libertarian is Vinod Valloppillil. I don't know when exactly we'll be under way, but if you've ever wanted a head-to-head with me or anyone else, this is your chance.

No comments: