Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 15, 2008

I hope it's not a ...

by folkbum

When the headline "Legislator arrested on OWI, pot possession charges" flashed up this morning, my first thought was "I hope it's not a Democrat, I hope it's not a Democrat." I am quite certain that my colleagues in the right half of the Cheddarsphere were thinking, "I hope it's not a Republican, I hope it's not a Republican."

Turns out, we can all breathe easy:
Rep. Jeffrey Wood, an independent from Bloomer, was arrested early Friday by the Wisconsin State Patrol. [. . .] Wood became the first independent elected to the Wisconsin Legislature in decades in November after he quit the Republican Party. Democrats who took control of the chamber recently made him a committee chairman.

No comments: