Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Things to read (UPDATED)

I'm not feeling terribly verbose this week--it's that time of year when burnout is an occupational hazard--so instead, here's a look at what I've been reading. I figure this should keep you busy, and it gives me a chance to clear out my bookmarks folder.
  • [NEW]Barbara O'Brien is the best anti-Bobo ever. The opening paragraph is priceless.
  • [NEW]Patrot Daily and Ovi Magazine both want me to link to them. I'm undecided. Thoughts?
  • [NEW]Babblemur! and StoryHill are Wisconsin blogs I haven't put in the sidebar yet.
  • [NEW]Flamingo Jones says, yes, he is that stupid.
  • Walker: Tosa Ranger smells like crap. And Mark Green isn't (green, that is).
  • I like this piece by Ben, not only because he makes a persuasive market-based argument for universal health care, but also because Ben knows that health care is two words, not one.
  • Two lists: Time's 100 best movies and the jeebofascists' 10 most "dangerous" books. Mao beats Kinsey by just one point! Anyway, how many have you read/ seen? Discuss in comments.
  • A mix tape for every occasion.
  • Wisconsin's not a tax hell. Rinse. Repeat.
  • The Summer issue of Rethinking Schools (site should be updated soon; they're still on the Spring issue) is all about the "small schools" phenomenon sweeping the nation, and infesting districts like mine. The issue has features and articles all about how to do small schools right--and how to do them wrong. I will tell you right now, my superintendent's top-down, anti-union imposition of small schools? Wrong. I will have more in-depth writing to do about this once it's available on-line.

No comments: