Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The Rally I Didn't Go To

Kerry Rocked the Park. I didn't go. Why? Well, I'm still tepid-y on Kerry. I will vote for him, maybe even canvass for him, but I have no plans, for example, to put a Kerry-Edwards sticker on my car.

And besides that, I hate people. Especially thousands of sweaty people in a crowd.

But Owen (my sworn nemesis, you remember him) wishes he could have been there to watch this exchange between THK and the crowd:
The high-stakes intensity of the campaign could also be seen Monday in noisy confrontations between Kerry and Bush supporters and the use of bullhorns and air horns by a small group of Bush supporters to try to disrupt the speeches, prompting Kerry and his wife to respond to what the candidate termed "goons."

While she was introducing her husband, Teresa Heinz Kerry referred to the group's audible call for "Four more years."

Said Heinz Kerry, "They want four more years of hell."

The Kerry crowd followed with chants of "Three more months."

Kerry also responded to the pro-Bush chanters, saying they wanted to "drown people out" with their megaphones.

"We don't want to be drowned out," Kerry said. "I want to thank George Bush for sending the goons here tonight to excite us to do a little more work! Thank you!"
How can we prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future?

Clearly, the solution is to demand that Kerry rally ticket-holders sign loyalty oaths and kick out or arrest dissenters in the audience.

No, wait. That would be unAmerican.

No comments: