Twitter

BlogAds

Recent Comments

Label Cloud

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 18, 2006

"Points Taken" on the cap

A few weeks back I was asked to be the "point" (or maybe "counterpoint") in MKEOnline's "Points Taken" feature. The topic was whether we should be lifting the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program voucher cap. The result is here.

I'm a little bothered that the "pull quotes" in the margin did not actually appear in either short essay. But they do basically sum up the arguments.

I may be biased, but I think I won. I could do a counter-counterpoint, but since there's a deal on the table, there's not much, er, point.

And, bucking the tradition of my wife's photo work being uncredited, I should note that she took the picture, even if it is "courtesy of" me. I have so much less hair now than in the blurry photo up top there . . .

No comments: